NETWORKING DINNER AND CULTURAL SHOW
A complementary package for the all-conference participants will be arranged in the form of a networking dinner for the betterment of the society at large. The event includes a cultural show which represents the heritage of the hosting country. Furthermore, participants will be given a chance to showcase their cultural performances with the fellow conference participants during the cultural show. Networking dinner will be an immense opportunity for all the participants to build new connections to strengthen their ongoing and future research interests through collaboration. It is aimed to provide a fruitful time of networking and pleasure for the participants of this special featured event.
- Date: Thursday 23rd August 2018
- Time: 19:00 – 23:00
- Venue: Conference venue
The Conference Dinner is included in the full conference registration.
Additional tickets ($50 per person) can be purchased by day delegates or for accompanying guests
SHRIMP INDUSTRY DIALOGUE | Feeds, Feeding and Feed Management
Shrimp Industry Dialogue is to create a platform for discussion between Dr. Albert Tacon, a leading aquafeed specialist and the shrimp industry personnel. During the session, Dr. Tacon will make a presentation on the “ Global status of the feeds, feeding and feed management in the shrimp industry ”
Then the forum will be open for questions from the shrimp industry personnel, mainly focusing the feeds, feeding and feed management.
This is a rear opportunity for the shrimp industry to be able to share their experiences and issues with one of the world leaders in aquafeeds, Dr. Albert Tacon.
Albert G.J. Tacon Ph.D
Technical Director – Aquatic Farms Ltd
- International aquaculture consultant, specializing in aquatic feeds and nutrition. 8 year experience as a university lecturer and researcher
- He currently serves as Scientific Advisor on Aquatic Resources to the International Foundation for Science, Stockholm, Sweden (since 1998)
- Editor in Chief of Reviews in Aquaculture, serves on the editorial board of Aquaculture Nutrition and Aquaculture Research
- He has 40 years of professional experience in aquaculture research and development, with a specialty focus on aquatic feeds and nutrition, and increasing the contribution of aquaculture to global food security and poverty alleviation
- 14 years of in-house experience with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) working within National, Regional, and Inter-regional Aquaculture Development Projects, and within the Regular Program of FAO in Rome, Italy
- 44 in-country work experiences with FAO & other agencies in aquaculture and aquaculture nutrition related activities in many countries.
- 228 aquaculture related publications and one patent on aquaculture technology, including scientific research publications, review publications, FAO technical papers and field documents, books, book chapters and magazine articles
Why you attend?
- Meet the best aquaculture specialist in the world.
- Know about global status of the feeds, feeding and feed management in the shrimp industry.
- Meet aquafeed specialists, policy makers and shrimp industry personnel.
- Discuss the future of shrimp feed industry and find out the solutions for current challenges in the industry.
To share new technologies and information with shrimp industry stakeholders to help improve their productivity and efficiency.
- 16.30 – 19.00 – Presentation on Feeds, feeding and fed management in shrimp aquaculture by Dr. Albert Tacon.
- 19.00 – 20.30 – Questions, Answers and Discussion
- 20.30 Onwards – Networking Dinner
- Contact person: Chathuranga Dissanayake
- TP : +947 772 384 960 / +94 715 617 181
- Email : Chathuranga@tiikm.com
On 23rd August 2018
From 18.30 – 21.30
15 000 LKR
- Aquafeed specialists
- Policy makers
- Shrimp industry personnel
“ Aqua feed Industry in Sri Lanka; Past, Present and Future ”
A workshop to discuss the aqua feeds industry in Sri Lanka is arranged on the 25th August, following conclusion of the ICFA 2018. Dr. Albert Tacon will be the key person leading the discussions during the workshop. Do not miss the valuable opportunity.
Why should you attend ?
- The workshop will bring people interested in aquafeeds in Sri Lanka.
- The workshop will look at the past, review the present and propose the future of the national shrimp industry.
- The workshop will open a forum for dialogue and discussion on this compelling national subject, between the private sector, state officials, academia and other interested parties.
- The workshop is expected to bring about a consensus build vision on the future of the aqua feeds industry in Sri Lanka.
On 25th August 2018
From 9.00a.m – 12.30p.m
5 000 LKR
- Private sector
Entrepreneurs, aquaculture engineers, farmers, Professionals in aquafeeds industry ,feed manufactures, feed suppliers, aquarium implements, equipment manufacturers, Research and Consulting Companies, Consultants & Contractors
- State officials
Government Departments and Ministries, Regional and Local Authorities
Students, scientists, researches
- Other interested parties in aquafeeds industry
- 09.00 – 09.20 – Aquafeeds: A Global Perspective by Dr. Albert Tacon
- 09.20 – 09.30 – Discussion
- 09.30 – 09.50 – Aquafeeds in Sri Lanka: an Overview by Aquafeeds Industry Personnel
- 09.50 – 10.00 – Discussion
- 10.00 – 10.20 – Future prospects for Sri Lanka Aquafeeds Industry by an expert from NAQDA
- 10.20 – 10.30 – Discussion
- 10.30 – 11.00 – Tea/Coffee
- 11.00 – 12.00 – Open forum on national Aquafeeds Industry
- 12.00 – 12.30 – Vision for future Aquafeeds Industry in Sri Lanka by Dr. Albert Tacon
- 12.30 – 12.45 – Open discussion
- 12.45 – 13.00 – Closure
Register now – ICFA WORKSHOP