Scientific and Programme Chair
Professor S. C. Jayamanne,
Prof. (Ms.) Jayamanne is graduated from University of Sri Jayawardenepura in 1979 with a special Degree in Biology offering Fisheries as a special subject. She has also earned her MPhil degree in the field of Fisheries from University of Sri Jayawardenepura in 1991 for which she won a merit award from the National Science Foundation of Sri Lanka. She has obtained her PhD on “Estuarine Ecology” from the University of Stirling, UK in 1995.
Prof. S.C. Jayamanne started her career as a Demonstrator in the University of Jayawardenepura and joined NARA in 1980 as a Research Officer and served there until 2007. During her tenure at NARA, she worked in the capacity of Research Officer, Senior Research Officer, Officer-In-Charge of Kadolkele Regional Research Center and as the Director General (2004-2005). She joined Uva Wellassa University in 2007 and served the University as the Head of the Department of Animal Science, Acting Dean,
Science and Technology and serving at present as the Dean, Animal Science and Export Agriculture. During her career at NARA she has served the fisheries sector holding positions in various national committees such as Man and Biosphere Committee (NSF), Steering Committee of Coast Conservation
Department Coast, research committee of the Department of Wildlife Conservation, Sub-Committee of Livestock, Fisheries and Aquaculture (CARP) , Advisory committees of Export Development Board on Aquarium fish and sea food and Aquaculture of Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (Ministry of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources). She has also served as a member of the Governing Council of Post Graduate Institute of Science (Peradeniya) and as a member of CARP Council and has represented the Sri Lankan government on various international working groups, scientific committee meetings, seminars and consultative forums. In the Uva Wellassa University she has also served as the Director, Staff Development Centre, Coordinator of the UDG-HETC project and Director/OTS of the HETC project.
Prof. Jayamanne is a well experienced teacher who has taught in Ocean University, Ruhuna University and Colombo University as a visiting lecturer and supporting development of curricula. She has been involved in Quality Assurance and Accreditation Council programmes; Institutional and programme review trainings , workshops and currently serving as a programme reviewer. Hence she holds good experience in those aspects. She has published many abstracts and research papers in the fields of fisheries, aquaculture and wetland ecology. She is recognized as an outstanding researcher and scientist, who has highly contributed to improve coastal and aquaculture sector in Sri Lanka.
- Prof. S.C. Jayamanne, Uwa Wellassa University, Sri Lanka
- Dr. E.D.N.S. Abeyrathne, Uwa Wellassa University, Sri Lanka
- Mr. N.P.P. Liyanage, Uwa Wellassa University, Sri Lanka
- Mr. J.A. Athula, Uwa Wellassa University, Sri Lanka
- Ms. G.G.N. Thushari, Uwa Wellassa University, Sri Lanka
- Dr. Mok Wen Jye, Universiti Malaysia Terengganu, Malaysia
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Yuzine Esa, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
- Dr. Nurul Ulfah Karim, Universiti Malaysia Terengganu, Malaysia
- Prof. Dr. Muhammad Ashraf, University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Pakistan
- Dr. Ken Overturf, Hagerman Fish Culture Experiment Station, USA
- Dr. P. SANTHANAM, BHARATHIDASAN UNIVERSITY, India
- Dr. Ahmed H. Alharbi, Life science and Environment Research Institute, King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia
- Dr. Rumeaida Mat Piah, Universiti Malaysia Terengganu, Malaysia
- Dr. P.S. Asha, TRC of Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, (ICAR-CMFRI), India
- Asoc. Prof. PHAN THỊ VÂN, Director, Research Institute for Aquaculture No.1 (RIA1), Ministry of Agriculture and Rural development (MARD), Vietnam
- Dr. Ivan Koh Chong Chu, Universiti Malaysia Terengganu and School of Fisheries and Aquaculture Sciences (FISHA), Malaysia